Neural Complexity-The New Overload Variable - CEC Course
Life and sport in dynamic, unstable and unpredictable environments impose demands on the body that are not adequately met by traditional training practices. Overloading the body with advanced exercises and instability challenges when it is not adequately prepared will lead to dysfunction and injury. Join in on a highly-interactive workshop designed to teach you how to properly and progressively incorporate the concept of neural complexity into your movement, strength and balance training.
By Peter Twist, MSc
- Identify the value of building athleticism to meet the demands of life and sport.
- Explain the processing of motor responses based on activation of the neural networks through motor commands.
- Categorize all types of exercises using a progressive continuum of practical challenges based on exercise complexity.
- Describe appropriate exercise options by ability level that allow for progression and regression of complexity.
- List common types of mechanical breakdowns and provide coaching cues to correct movement skill.
- Develop coaching cues and correction to help with efficient client exercise set-up and execution.
|Neural Complexity-The New Overload Variable||Video|