Advanced Concepts in Body-weight Training Course
There is a common misperception in the fitness world that clients must have access to free weights, dumbbells and machines in order to experience significant strength-training results. Personal trainers recognize that body-weight training can be a powerful tool in any training arsenal. Suspension training is simply one more tool to add to that arsenal. This course will focus on creating an assortment of training programs that not only enhance overall strength, but have a profound effect on flexibility, balance, reaction and SAQ (speed, agility, quickness).
By Bill Sonnemaker, MS
- Define the necessary components of a successful body-weight based program.
- Demonstrate how to regress and progress body-weight training programs to meet any client’s goals or needs.
- Identify and differentiate among the seven different modalities that comprise the Integrated Training Model.
- Manipulate acute variables to elicit specific neuromuscular adaptations.
- Write a corrective exercise-based training program that utilizes Suspension Training® as a modality.
- Describe how to incorporate the TRX® and Suspension Training into a body-weight training program.
|Advanced Concepts in Body-Weight Training ||Video (Session)|
|Advanced Concepts in Body-weight Training ||Test|