Optimal Workouts Need Optimal Recovery Course
Having your clients spend many hours per week training physically is only one of the components to helping them achieve their fitness, sport, health and wellness goals. Another vitally important, yet rarely discussed topic is how to aid them in their recovery. This course will provide a comprehensive review of recovery. The science of recovery will be presented in a practical user-friendly presentation that will allow the trainer to walk away with a greater understanding of what recovery modalities work and how best to implement these into a well-balanced training program.
By Mark Kovacs, PhD, MEd
- Identify the symptoms, causes and treatments for the different types of fatigue produced by strenuous physical activity.
- Define seven support mechanisms that can reduce psychological stress and aid in recovery.
- Plan an effective myofascial release recovery program.
- Differentiate the validity of different recovery modalities available (i.e. sauna, massage, acupuncture, contrast baths, etc.) based on research-based scientific evidence.
- Prioritize post-exercise nutrition based on time and nutrient composition.
- Plan and differentiate different long-term recovery strategies based upon an athlete’s or client’s training age.
|Optimal Workouts Need Optimal Recovery ||Video (Session)|
|Optimal Workouts Need Optimal Recovery ||Test|